Interesting Facts about Sardinia
The ancient stone huts on the island are believed to date back to as long as 2000 BC, so there have been humans living on the island since at least that time. Over the centuries, different cultures tried to absorb Sardinia including the Romans, Phoenicia, Byzantine Empire, Vandals, and Goths. It was part of an independent state called the Kingdom of Sardinia between the 14th and 19th Century, and this later grew to become modern Italy. There are currently about 1.6 million people living on the island. Its Mediterranean climate, stunningly beautiful beaches, and rural beauty make it the perfect location for a luxury camping site holiday.
Why would I want to Choose Sardinia as a Location for a Luxury Camping Holiday?
- Enjoy some family fun with the tallest sand dunes in Europe at the Dunes of Piscinas (aka Little Sahara Desert)
- Travel 159 kilometres on the Little Green Train and get to enjoy the beauty of Sardinia in style – perfect for couples, families, and train enthusiasts
- Explore the superb beaches in Sardinia such as Cala Brandinchi, Cala Luna, Is Arutus, and Porto Pino
- Learn about unique culture of this island and explore some fascinating relics of the past such as the Nuraghi (ancient stone huts)
- Enjoy the nightlife at Cagliari, Alghero, or Olbia
- Experience a romantic camping holiday with visits to the charming town of Castelsardo and the islands of La Maddalena